Monday, September 28, 2009


Welcome to my blog.

So here's the deal. On Friday, September 18, 2009, I was informed that the fatigue and enlarged lymph glands I had been experiencing for a couple of months were in fact caused by metastatic neuroendocrine cancer that most likely originated in my lungs. It is stage 4. There are only 2 chemo drugs that have any effect on this type of cancer: carboplatin and etoposide. I am starting chemo on Tuesday, September 29th.

I'll report on my side effects, progress, lab results, and general overall well (or not so well) being here. Stay tuned.

There is a yahoo group that is used to keep track of my chemo schedule, sign up as "chemo buddies", etc. Here is that link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/unkaDee/

6 comments:

  1. I don't think the picture is cheesy. I think you are very handsome in it! Love, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis, hope all goes well today. We're all thinking of you. Love,

    Carolyn, Dick, Genny & Katie

    P.S. we think you're handsome too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cancer is an asshole and I want to go punch it right in its stupid face.

    However, you're probably correct that the chemo is going to be more effective.

    Big, big hugs & love,
    Dinah

    ReplyDelete