Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chemo Day 2 Report

Kevin was my chemo buddy today. We went in a cab together and got there a little early. The infusion took just under 1.5 hours today (only one IV bag this time). While I infused, Kevin and I watched a video about how to give yourself subcutaneous injections (in the thigh or abdomen). I think I have it down now. Not that different from giving Junie her insulin shots, actually.

So far no side effects from the chemo itself. The decadron made me wake up at 4 and I didn't really get back to solid sleep the rest of the morning. Gave up and got up at 8:30 and other than a little heartburn, was fine. I've gotten into my routine of 6 small meals a day now, and I find that one yogurt takes care of the heartburn from the decadron.

After the chemo, Kevin and I went herb shopping (*wink* It's MEDICAL now), and then we went to the Noe Street Farmers Market.

Hoping this no side effects thing lasts at least one more day since I have tickets to see Carol Burnett at the Paramount tomorrow night and I even have backstage access cuz my friend Matty's parents are friends of CB. Watch for a picture here of us together on Friday.

I'll report again tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. You'r lucky you don't live here in Fresno. They are shutting down all the dispensaries.

    Have fun at Carol Burnett. If you have a chance ask her is she remembers starring in the miniseries "Fresno" It was a few years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling relatively well. Sexy photo. Have fun tomorrow!! Love you, me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello lovely. I was so horrified to get Steph's email today but the pill is made easier to swallow with the knowledge that Richard and I can keep 'in the loop' via the net. Thanks for being so frank, fabulous and Frisco and sending you so much english loving across the Atlantic. If you want (!) to see pictures of my growing bump and news of emergency access to local restaurants to have swift pees, do follow me at countrysidewedding.co.uk. Completely understand if you have better things to do - like backstage tours!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, it's so lovely to hear from you. Of course I shall follow the bump's progress. I was following your blog regularly from my office computer (one of the ones I flipped through as my brain came to life over coffee), but I'd lost track since I stopped working. Fun to see all the baby things you're getting ready. Give my love to the boy. Can't wait for the bump to resolve into a lovely embodiment of Helen/Richard qualities that disturbs your sleep and makes a mess of your house and changes, well, everything. You're going to be superb parents, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "and changes, well, everything" reminds me of the song "You Ruined Everything (in the Nicest Way)"

    You can hear it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-8hrKb8SAQ

    ReplyDelete