Thursday, April 29, 2010

Just more of the same



There's not much to report, but I know my readers get worried if they don't see regular posts, so I'll just report that my 5-minute exam with Dr Gillis this week was that short because it's all good news. The growth is smaller each week, and so far, the skin in the radiated area is fine, which means my twice daily slatherings of aloe, followed by Eucerin have been effective. The only thing is this weird rash on my back, just outside the radiated area, which just looks hideous, and doesn't hurt or itch, and for which we are trying various over-the-counter unguents.

Renecito and I share April as our birthday month and he turned five this week, which blows my mind. This little figurine is part of his birthday present that I based on an image that Rene created for Cito's bd party evite. The party is this coming weekend and the theme is "Citolympics". We, the guests, are going to have to compete for prizes in various contests of skill and prowess. I'll mostly be trying to keep the sun off me.

The fatigue is about the same, but I'm learning to work around it. I very much enjoyed Meg's visit, and thanks to last week's rain making people who'd signed up cancel, Meg was able to participate in the open print studio at Somarts with me. I was very happy with my week's work, which included these images of my parents based on their high school graduation photos.

I signed up for the Linocut class again, starting in late June, but I'm enjoying the little break from having linoleum shreds all over my table and pencil smudged fingers.

3 comments:

  1. figurine is so flippin cute!!! I can't wait for him to get to work on the rest.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish Renecito a happy 5th from me! :-) Thanks for the lovely card, and how did you do the embossing of your tulip lino print??? Can't wait to see you on the 22nd. Love, K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristene, the paper gets embossed as part of the printing process -- the combination of wet paper and immense pressure from the drum of the press.

    ReplyDelete