Thursday, April 1, 2010

ZAP!


Radiation treatments have begun! According to my appointment slip, they were just supposed to do a verification x-ray today, but it turned out they were starting treatment as well. I am scheduled for a total of 32 treatments, ending on Friday, May 14th.

Tomorrow and most of next week, my appointments are all either 8:15 or 8:30 (!!!!). After that, it's 9:00 every day. So much for my requested window of 10-12. I may have to deal with some rush hour traffic, but it's such a short leg of the freeway, that I doubt it will delay me much.

I have already made my ZipCar reservations for each of my treatments. I'll be driving the same car (a Scion TC) every time.

The print in the photo is my latest exercise for my linoleum printing class. One more class session next week, and then an open studio session on 4/21 and I'm done for awhile. I didn't sign up for the next block of six class sessions, since I don't know whether I'm going to be fatigued or not from radiation. But I definitely want to do a lot more in this medium. And I'd definitely like to work some more with Katie Gilmartin. She's a great teacher.

4 comments:

  1. You've got a real talent in lino cut art! You should consider making a book of Dennis Vaux's Favorite SF Treasures. Can't wait to see what you do next!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the radiation treatments and getting up earlier than you were hoping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is enchanting and I love it. Thinking of you and the next few weeks. *kiss*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the linocut view from your apt window! Sorry radiation's starting to sap some of your energy already though. :( Sending lots of love your way!!!

    ReplyDelete