Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


Here's a photo of my mother and me, taken in June, 1969 when we were both in the Fresno Community Theater production of "Gypsy".

Coincidentally, the movie "Gypsy" is being broadcast on Turner Classic Movies as I type this.

The radiation fatigue has really gotten bad in the last couple of days. These days I wake up tired and am pretty done in shortly after lunch. I don't know if it's because the booster treatments started last week or whether it's just the cumulative effect of all of the treatments so far. It's still not as bad as the chemo ugh, but it's rather debilitating.

Only five more treatments! Looking forward to having more energy again. I need to keep up with Cito and Della, after all.

4 comments:

  1. That's such a cute photo of you and your mom.

    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you were in the play! Great picture of you & Mom! The end is in sight! Sorry you're worn out. But, hopefully you'll be feeling good enough for Dr. Steph's graduation. I hope the shirt you're wearing in the picture is long gone! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic is too adorable. *Love* your shiny shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs!

    Joe & I will soak up the NYC fun extra for you this weekend and tell you all about the Manhattan Cocktail Classic whenever you want (with or without accompanying beverage).

    ReplyDelete