Friday, August 20, 2010

My newest acquisition




David Imlay's art show at Blackbird ended and I got the oil painting I'd bought from it.

His painting technique is so photo-realistic that you'd almost think you were looking at a photograph. But on closer inspection, you realize it's just really fine brush work.

This painting is about 18" x 24". Well worth finding a spot on my crowded walls for.

I can report no improvement on the fatigue front. I'm going to Costonoa with Robert for a couple of nights. I think a change of scene might help and certainly can't hurt.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy!!! Sounds very relaxing, you certainly deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome. I'd never heard of it before. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painting is really beautiful. That feels trite, but I can't think of anything more eloquent. It's just pretty, dammit. :-)

    ReplyDelete