Friday, January 14, 2011

Crap! Crap! Crap!

On Tuesday I went down to Redwood City to have my post-surgical MRI and follow-up exam with the neurosurgeon, Dr. Lavery.

Unfortunately, the scan was not the nice clear image I had hoped for. A small mass is still visible where the last tumor was removed.

So now I'm about to have a radiation procedure called "Cyberknife"' wherein a robotic arm will be programmed to zap that one little spot with multiple beams of radiation. This requires me to go back to Redwood city for another MRI and then to south San Francisco to consult with Dr. Gills next week, with the treatments beginning the following week. To me, one of the worst things about this is I'll have to go back on that awful steroid, Decadron.

I'm trying to be a good sport,, but this latest news really has me down. It doesn't help that I've come down with a cold.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this. If I can help, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very sucky. It sucks beyond suckage. Stupid "mass". I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you have to keep getting bad news. You've been through enough already!!! HANG TOUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. boooo boooo booooo! Sending healthy, healing thoughts and prayers from the East Coast. xxx ooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh bother (as they say in polite company)! More cell-killing thoughts from the far side of the pond. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you, Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending postive and healing thoughts. Take care and know you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey boo, sorry to hear. blah. here's to the Robotics industry and YOU

    ReplyDelete