Friday, February 4, 2011

Cyberknife treatments are all done

I am finally over what turned out to be a 3-week-long cold, that was the worst one I can remember having. I have about 50% of the hearing back in my left ear, which may be as good as I have had for the last 10 years or so, since having to fly with a sinus/ear infection.

And yesterday, despite delays and interruptions and an increase in the number of surgeries from 3 to 5, I finally had my last intimate encounter with Cyberknife.

Although I did have to go to bed at 8 last night, I feel quite well and energetic today. Decadron didn't manage to raise my blood sugar this time.

Here's the plan now (assuming there are no "events" that intervene):

I'm having a CT scan at the end of the month and consulting with Dr. Liu on 3/1 (this is to look for recurrence in the body only).

In 3 months, I'll have an MRI of my head and consult with Dr. Gillis.

That's the pattern until the scans find something or the something makes itself evident. A scan of each type every 3 months with a follow- up visit to the doctor. I'm not on any special cancer meds at this point.

Hoping that by being a good patient, I've earned a respite from horror and tedium. I don't plan to blog very often unless there's a lot of news. I'll do infrequent updates to let readers know I'm ok.

7 comments:

  1. I hope you can kick back and enjoy life now for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are feeling better. Hope you can get back to doing what you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray! :) here's to a relaxing February, eh? love xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, Dennis!! Thinking good thought for you. Let's talk soon, when you are up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John says that he would like to see more linoleum prints...they are fabulous! Am so happy you are doing well. Peace and pickles...John

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to that, Dennis. Best of luck for a more relaxing time without unwanted interruptions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you happy and sound. Cyberknife is really effective as i have already mentioned in another blog of yours. Whenever i go through your words i get a inspiration to fight back in the same way.Cyberknife can deliver radiation with an extraordinary precision saving the surrounding critical organs of unnecessary exposure.

      Cancer Treatment

      Delete