Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Peaks and Valleys - Valley Ahead

There's no way to sugar-coat this: the cancer has already recurred in my right axillary lymph node where it showed up originally almost 2 years ago. I noticed the swelling a couple weeks ago, had a CT scan last week, and met with Dr. Liu yesterday, who confirmed that the swelling is the cancer. Damn, that wasn't much of a respite, was it?

I'm already scheduled for my first of four rounds of chemo, next week. I never thought I'd be willing to do chemo again, but it's funny what you'll endure for a little more life. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm addicted to life. I gotta have it. Obviously we're heading toward a point where I will have to weigh the rigors of treatment against lost quality of life, but we're not there yet. I have a strong body that clearly can take a lot of abuse and bounce back and I intend to exercise that strength and resilience as long as I can.

I'll be needing chemo buddies. If you're interested, you can sign up here. (You have to be a member of the group and signed into a yahoo account in order to see or edit the calendar)

In happier news, I've finally started building my website where you can see some of my recent linocut prints. It's a work in progress, like me.

7 comments:

  1. wahhhhh...wow. thinking of you Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep fighting the good fight, Dennis. Your positivity is inspiring. Wish I lived there..I would love to be your chemo buddy. Xo wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handsome man on the outside, beautiful human being on the inside...go for it...you've got a lot of living to do! Love, K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not happy about the lump, but glad there is an attack plan already set in motion. Love you much. Always, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just arrived home from France and catching up, Dennis. So sad to hear that you have to deal with the chemo mill again after all your excellent work. I'll be returning all the positive vibes you sent me during my treatment. They certainly did me some good so hopefully will do the same for you. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete