Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Scan-dalous

I had my post-chemo CT scan today. Went fine. The CT department is run by a guy who doesn't let them get even a minute off schedule. I was there on time for my appointment and back out on the street 20 minutes later.

I have an appointment with the oncologist, Dr. Liu, next Wednesday to discuss the scan, and shall of course, report results and findings here.

Otherwise, I'm continuing to nap every day, but I am still lunching out and walking every day as well. My left foot's sole is numb, but there is no pain. The best thing is that my digestive system is getting back to normal, and I find I can eat a bit more at one time than I've been able to in awhile.

Today marks the longest I've gone without being poisoned since 9/29. During the chemo cycle, today is when a new round would have started. I did have to swallow the awful barium stuff in preparation for the CT scan, which I think they make worse by adding banana flavoring, but heck, that's nothing compared with etoposide and carboplatin.

2 comments:

  1. Glad your digestive system is doing better...it had better be ready for your Mexican gastronomic feasts!!! When do you leave for South of the Border??? Love, me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie. Congrats. That's a true milestone. I've reached my own, as a matter of fact. I have enough hair that I've decided I can go gray again. Love love love and kisses.

    ReplyDelete