Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Good Good Good


My scan results were all that we wanted them to be. I am in remission and it's even possible that I could be in complete remission, if, when my cancer was detected, it was in fact stage 3, and not stage 4. This is something we will know only with time. If I go past 3 years with clean scans, I'm sitting pretty. If I go past 5 years, then I'm probably really home free.

So I'll be having blood tests and getting scanned in 6 months. He told me that getting this CT scan is equivalent to having 1000 xrays, so he doesn't want to scan me too often, but 6 months seems reasonable at this point... After that we'll probably be on an annual schedule.

He told me not to be discouraged about the fatigue, that it sometimes takes 2 months for it to go away completely, and I'm only 2 weeks from radiation completion.

So.....Yay! I'm gonna go out and live.

(The photo is from my celebratory dinner at Paulines. Cito is wearing the Ralph Lauren shirt I gave him for his bd. :) )

13 comments:

  1. You deserve to celebrate anyway, anytime and as often as you want!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am clapping and "yea"ing and smiling and am so happy that your results were so fabulous!! But of course, it's you, so I expected nothing less than fabulous. :) Love you sooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Colleen's post on Facebook with the good news. Wonderful! Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YESSSSSSS! <3 Love you, so happy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news! Glad to hear it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful news!!1 Enjoy life and do whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT IS SO FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I used the "f" word... and I meant to.

    LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's GREAT news! I'll toast you with a cocktail or 10 tonight. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tears of joy...my darling Dennis...Love, K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! So happy about this news!

    ReplyDelete