Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Scanticipation


This pic was taken a few weeks ago at Crissy Field during Cito's birthday party. Della likes the backward somersault. I think she will be a stunt person one day.

I had the post-radiation CT scan this morning. I have an appointment with Dr. Liu next Tuesday afternoon (6/8) to review the results.

I'm happy to report that the fatigue is lifting. My energy level isn't back to what it was before radiation, but it's getting there. I can take longer walks now when I go to lunch. Going to lunch was the one thing I managed to keep doing through the worst of the fatigue, although it was always to somewhere nearby. Last week I went shopping for a new scooter and over the weekend I even found enough sustained focused energy to work on some art.

I am on the waiting list for a Stella scooter which is expected to arrive at the dealers mid-June. Good thing too, since I took my 10-year old Italjet Torpedo 50cc in to get its brakes looked at, and the problem may be too expensive to fix, considering this scooter is no longer manufactured and that parts have to come from Italy and are always difficult to find. Ah well, she gave me 13,100 miles and the only damage to her came from getting knocked over when she was parked. Not bad for an initial investment of 3K.

5 comments:

  1. good to hear your feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your getting back to normal! Let us know what the Doc says next Tuesday. Only good thoughts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am glad you're feeling less tired. The troops have arrived and we had our first dinner together (Steph, Duke, Evan, John, myself, and Alex stopped by too :-) I'm loving it of course!!! They're off to visit Jim and the cats as he has graciously offered to house them! Evan will have his first swim lesson tomorrow at the swim school where his mother went some 28 years ago. Love always, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed for the best possible news on Tuesday, love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second what Karen said... and I'd like a ride on the scooter, please! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete