Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Printing again


The fatigue is very slow to leave me. Wah wah wah. I'm so sick of complaining about that, I could puke. But there you are.

Thanks to the fatigue, I had to skip the first session of my new linocut class last Wednesday, because I was pretty sure I couldn't stand on my feet for 4 hours, which is what I have to do when I'm printing all evening. However, I was able to attend it this week. This lino plate took quite a lot of carving time, as you can imagine. Very creative people in my new class. I look forward to getting ideas and inspiration from them. It's also great to see Katie (the teacher) again. She and I are such kindred spirits.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing it.
    Shepson Printing is passionate about supplying recycled products where possible. We are happy to provide you with a wide variety of different paper and printed samples, so you may choose your particular environmental friendly solution.

    Sustainable Green Printing Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. That linocut is gorgeous! I'm glad you were able to attend this week's class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How big is the print? I love the birds! Do you do the original drawings for the prints? Your artistic side has surfaced in so many areas: drama, dance, writing, and now art...you've got it baby! Let me know when the fatigue lifts so I can come up and we can see the impressionist exhibits in SF together! Love, me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristene, this is my biggest print yet, about 8 1/2" x 13". I generally use a photo as the starting point for a print, but I just draw it onto the linoleum with a watercolor pencil directly while looking at the photo. Some people use tracing or carbon papers, but I find that too fussy. I so want to see that exhibit with you. The fatigue doesn't generally hit me until mid-afternoon, so come up now (or whenever is convenient). I'm not going anywhere. And thanks for the compliments. *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Dennis. That is really just so lovely. I would *love* a print of it, if you're so inclined. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have so enjoyed seeing your prints on facebook. Love you, miss you!! Keep up the amazing artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really amazing Dennis! I love it!

    ReplyDelete