Friday, December 3, 2010

The latest feat


(taken while we sat in Peet's Coffee waiting for the house cleaners to finish my apartment.)

Just to show my progress. Today the hand can grasp and put thumb to each finger, but not with any real strength. Kevin scored me some free barbells from a neighborhood gym which will help me build up that arm soon.

I can walk almost normally. My arm automatically starts to move when I'm doing some action it would normally participate in and my hand no longer feels heavy and dead. I'm able to do way more with the therapy dough (roll, grasp, pinch) than I could before. And by the way, I zipped up that jacket by myself!

All my new Apple stuff has arrived. Kevin and I are going to tackle the cutting over project together tomorrow.

I'm exercising faithfully, so I really expect some new gain in the hand each day.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are progressing slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!!! Have fun converting everything over to Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. You've reminded me of one of my favourite/favorite (delete as applicable) Far Sides:

    Two cows relaxing in armchairs with phone ringing on side table.
    "There goes the phone again and here we sit without opposable thumbs."

    Great work with the zipper!

    ReplyDelete