Friday, November 12, 2010

Radiation DONE!

Had my last treatment today. The home health care evaluation is happening tomorrow. I saw Dr Gillis today after the treatment. She was in Redwood City this morning and spoke to Dr. Lavery in person. He was open to the idea of doing another surgery, but, of course, wants to see a current MRI before deciding, so that should be happening soon. After the MRI, based on how much inflammation is still there, they'll start tapering off the Decadron (Yay!) I'll have to resume taking it if I have another surgery, but that should be just for a short time, mercifully. Meanwhile Kevin continues being my trusted chauffeur and helper. I have physical therapy on Monday, a PET scan on Thursday, and possibly the MRI sometime next week, so I'm pretty busy for a gimp.

1 comment:

  1. Are you able to do any art work to take your mind off things? Maybe you can decorate your gimpy arm! Let us know how the various tests go. What did the home health care evaluation turn up?

    ReplyDelete