Monday, November 15, 2010

Safer

As a result of my home healthcare evaluation on Saturday, I purchased a cane and a stool for my bath today. They both make me feel a lot safer. The therapist also gave me some leg-strengthening exercises to do a couple of times a day. She'll be coming back on Wednesday for follow-up and then I think that's it as far as she goes. Today I went to the office of the physical therapist I met in the hospital, and she gave me a surprising number of exercises to strengthen my dead arm which I really didn't think was possible. I'll see her again in 3 weeks. All in all a productive exercise. No negative side effects from the radiation yet.

3 comments:

  1. Taking a shower sitting on the bath stool was SO much easier. Along with the cane, it's taken care of most of my fears around my wobbliness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. It's exactly what I experienced after bypass surgery! Little things can mean a lot! It gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling steadier. I am pleased your therapist gave you so many exercises -- there are TONS of little muscles in the forearm and hand, and it sounds like you're strengthening them all! :) Sending much love!

    ReplyDelete