Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Back to some semblance of normal... and a house project!


I didn't blog the last few days because it was the usual ugh crap, and we all know that story by now. I do believe the glutamine smoothies might be helping with the neuropathy, as it seems less noticeable this time, and I avoided nausea and vomiting by being very careful with my food intake this time. Sunday and Monday were the worst days of toxic-feeling, but yesterday was difficult to get through mainly because it was so frickin cold here. I could only manage a short walk.

Yesterday I attempted to start making my new roman blinds, but I only got as far as doing the rough length cuts on the lining blackout material, and then I had to give up in exhaustion, which was depressing, because I was left with my living room in major disarray (as you can see in this pic. The blinds I'm replacing are the ones you see in the window -- they're rotting on the other side), and not much headway on the project. However, I was rescued from despair by an evening drop-in from the Garcias. Della can stand unassisted or unsupported for quite a few seconds before her hips get all hula-like and she collapses. I predict she'll be walking by Christmas.

I have now slept two 10-12 hour nights of sleep in a row, and I think that helps as much as anything. I woke up feeling very good today, and have already set in to finishing the cuts on the blinds. I might even get to some of the sewing today.

In other news, the hair fall-out started again, and tired of dealing with the clumps, I shaved my head total cue-ball.

3 comments:

  1. o m g - i cant believe those hydrangeas are still alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleek creature.

    Hope things are progressing with the blinds. Those are such a pain to make, but the payoff is great.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete