Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Singin in the Shower


You know that old chestnut about the moron who kept banging his head against the wall, and when asked why he said "cuz it feels so good when I stop"?

When the ugh really stops, it feels so good, it's hard not to get overwhelmed with elation and do too much. Today I woke up early, as usual, and got up, as usual, to take a shower and get dressed. Ever since my diagnosis, I haven't allowed myself to stay unshowered and undressed past 9 AM most days. Furthermore, as was the case before diagnosis, my bed is made as soon as I get out of it. Plenty of time for bed and days lounging in pjs later, but now, no matter how crappy I feel, I stick to this routine to keep from feeling like a sicky. Anyway, my point is, I got up, merely to stick to this routine. But halfway through my shower, I realized I must feel pretty good, because I was actually singing in the shower.

OK, never mind that I was singing my own scatalogical lyrics to the original theme song of "Wheel of Fortune". (Meg is the only other person who knows these lyrics) The point is, the ugh has lifted, and it's a fresh blessing every time. And I even see the sun peeking out now from behind the rain clouds. I think I need to go out and buy myself a "got well" present of some sort.

7 comments:

  1. well, shoot - i am having trouble remembering the wheel of fortune lyrics. are they anything like the charlie commercial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i must hear these lyrics!! glad you're feeling better!! i now have the fried ham song in my head...where did that one come from?! love you!! love, me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, my cousin Karen is the person who taught me the fried ham song. I don't know where she got it. And Meg, I knew you'd remember. ;) Ali, you will never hear these lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dennis, so glad you are feeling better...you continue to inspire me with your discipline and verve...now I've got that damn "Singin in the Rain" song stuck in my head!!! Love, K.

    ReplyDelete