Saturday, December 26, 2009

That was a great Christmas. Now, Boxing Day and Ugh Commencement


Yesterday, the Garcias came over in the late morning for candied bacon bites, popovers fresh from the oven and best of all, to open all the presents I had for them under the tree. It was a perfect gathering. The kids were happy and cute (as you can easily see), and I felt great. As time went on, my energy waned, but I didn't feel unwell, just tired.

They only stayed a couple of hours and after they left, I alternated between dozing and puttering around the apartment, cleaning up the Christmas clutter, and reading the wonderful new cookbook the Garcias gave me (Best of America's Test Kitchen up to 2010).

Slept lousy, in part because I have to push fluids so much during this period, and that means getting up several times in the night to eliminate them. Got up early, and can feel the encroaching ugh. I will take my walk before lunch, and spend the rest of this Boxing Day loafing.

4 comments:

  1. i spent my boxing day in the air, but have arrived to a rainy, green virginia with reeeally high piles of snow on all the sidewalks! :) merry christmas and happy new year!!! much love and prayers. love, me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you heard our wacky phone serenade on Christmas and knew we were thinking about you. Christmas was fun and Evan was a maniac on the drums during Guitar Hero! (Gee, that doesn't sound very religious, but 21 of us were together laughing, eating, and sharing joy...I guess that's what it's about and it sounded like you experienced it also!) Love, K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you enjoyed your visit - sounded good and yes, happy kids always makes things better as the picture showed! Love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see Cito enjoyed the popper paper crown; Evan wanted nothing to do with his. :P Maybe next year?
    Sorry to hear the ugh is on.
    Love, Steph

    ReplyDelete