Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Chemo Round 6 - Day 1


Besides laying in edible provisions, I always like to prepare for a chemo round by cleaning the apartment thoroughly and having fresh flowers and lots of scented candles in store. After yesterday's morning madness with bureaucrats, I rested up a bit, then scrubbed the bathroom and mopped the kitchen. This morning I vacuumed and dusted the rest of the place. These chores all helped restore my soul to its pre-exaperated state, and thus, today was a much better day, despite having poison drip into me all afternoon.

Bets, my boss from Walker days, was my chemo buddy today. She lives in Tomales and works a few days a week in Contra Costa, so we don't see as much of each other as we'd like to. She came early so we could have lunch at Starbelly before heading to Kaiser. After lunch, I bought these orange roses, some red ranuculi, and a few gardenia blossoms to float in small cups. My apartment prep was complete.

We were at the infusion center for a long time today (double-bag day), and I can already feel a few of the normal chemo twinges in my body. But these don't fill me with the dread I thought they would. BECAUSE IT'S THE LAST ROUND!

F**K YOU CHEMO UGH! I WAFT MY GENITALIA IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF YOUR AUNTIE!

3 comments: