Monday, January 18, 2010

Ugh lifting


It rained very hard and very long without interruption today, which isn't exactly conducive to my sense of well-being, but I made the best of it. Had horrible "morning sickness" today, but managed to get my laundry in to the fluff 'n fold by 9, and spent the day alternately napping, and shuffling around trying to get exercise by walking around my apartment. Good thing I don't have a downstairs neighbor at the moment.

About an hour ago, I felt that first vague sense of lift, like a cool breeze that comes after a heatwave. The ugh is departing, and I don't have to dread its return. I expect tomorrow to be a day of fatigue, but that toxic feeling I really hate is draining away.

As far as other things that make life worth living, aren't my fellow Project Runway fans so happy that the new season has started and that they are back in NYC? Do you think Heidi will ever stop pootying out Seal's babies?

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, Dennis, you should be a writer...yes I am giving you a new profession! Even when you are explaining the "ugh" of chemo and the ineptness of beauracracies, you are articulate, witty, and just damn interesting! Your personal letters aren't too bad either. Just returned from Big Sur where your SF weather was hitting my ocean view window pane with 60 mph gusts (oh poor me!!! :-) Love, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mom. This online mini-memoir, whether happy or said, is always poignant, well-written, and overwhelmingly human. Love it love it love you. Hope you've been ugh-free enough today to enjoy some of the breaks in the weather. :)
    Love, Steph

    ReplyDelete