Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rainy Day Ugh


The rain and the ugh commenced at roughly the same time. Slept pretty well, but woke up early and could feel the bloat and the fatigue, despite which, I couldn't stay in bed.

Started puttering around the apartment and had a light breakfast. Then I noticed a break in the rain and decided to walk to Robert's. It's just a few blocks, but slightly uphill. I had some letters to drop in the mailbox and a New Yorker to drop off with him. It was slow going on the walk, and I had to sit and chat for a few minutes to get a second wind before making the trip back. I managed to get home just as the rain started up again.

I think I'm in for the day. Me and the ugh, looking out on the rain. It really isn't too bad. I think knowing it's the last makes it endurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment