Tuesday, November 3, 2009

No news is good news

I haven't been posting the last couple of days because I've been feeling fine. I'm trying to enjoy these days before the next chemo round starts in a week. Glorious weather is helping me enjoy them even more.

It was a fun, if quiet, weekend. On Saturday, I finished a piece I've been working on for a long time and then had dinner at Robert's house with Kevin and him. It was fun to see the neighborhood celebrating Halloween in a low-key uncongested way. On Sunday, I got very ambitious with housecleaning all day, and then helped celebrate René's mother's Julie's birthday by joining the Garcias for dinner at The Matterhorn (a swiss fondue restaurant on Van Ness) .

Yesterday, I suffered for my ambition the day before by waking up with extreme fatigue, and took it easy for most of the day. I'm going to have to remember to parcel out my energy, even when I'm feeling well.

Today I started a new piece and interrupted its progress briefly to have lunch with Della, René and Julie. Before we went to lunch, Della tried once again to make friends with Junie (another child in the world who will think that a cat goes "hssssss" rather than "meow").

Next chemo round starts 11/11. I will try to post between now and then.

3 comments:

  1. Della is a brave little woman...I would've given up after the first hiss! Can't wait to meet her in December! We're off to Arizona for a family wedding this weekend. Love, me

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cutest part is that della doesnt think the hissing is a bad thing - just interesting :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were Della, I would have run (wobbled) away screaming and crying...

    ReplyDelete