Friday, October 30, 2009

Sunshine, lobster rolls, and better days

Robert took the day off from work and drove me to Kaiser for my blood draw (I passed - no more neupogen shots until next round). After that, we drove down to Half Moon Bay to Sam's Chowder House for lunch. We both had Maine lobster rolls and sat at a sunny window table looking out on the bay. It was simply perfect, and simply what I needed as I start to emerge from the chemo ugh fog.

When I got home from lunch, it was still too delicious outside to stay in. My neuropathy is better, so walking isn't as much of a problem as it has been. I went to the bank and then to my newly re-opened library branch to pick up the latest EL Doctorow novel, and then just walked randomly around the Castro. I even found the energy (and foot power) to kick-start the scooter and blow out the carbon a little in a neighborhood drive.

We're supposed to have a few more days at least of this kind of late Indian Summer weather. Yay. Hold the chemo, bring on the sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Sounds like a simply lovely day. I too took the day off and hung out with my sister, her kids, and one of their friends. Good downtown rambling fun. :)

    ReplyDelete