Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The weather outside is frightful

This would have been the perfect day to stay swaddled in my mother's crocheted afghan, watching "Fall of Eagles" (just finished all 68 episodes of "Upstairs, Downstairs" last night), but alas, it was the day of my dentist appointment. So I had to venture out into the monsoon.

Mercifully, he was able to patch my broken tooth with some composite, and didn't even have to numb me. I was in and out in 30 minutes. I love my dentist. It's a temporary fix, so no more butter toffee for me for the time being. I got a little choked up telling him my news, but it's only natural; he's been my dentist for 23 years. I think he got a little choked up too, but he's so stoic and manly, it's hard to tell for sure.

I've hesitated to mention this, because I'm afraid it might be wishful thinking, but I think the lymph node swelling is a bit smaller, and it's not bothering me as much. *FINGERS CROSSED*

2 comments:

  1. The weather has been wet all day and we lost power but it was fun eating pizza by candlelight! Thanks for the dates. Can't wait to see you and your friends...love, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check my Flickr pictures (user account is just "dinah") for some of the sunshine Joe & I had in Zihuatanejo last week. Our timing turned out to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete