Friday, October 9, 2009

Della!

Cheryl and Laura brought dinner over last night (pot roast and polenta, yum), and Robert joined us. We had a lovely evening, though I started to fade once I'd eaten. I must say, I could get very used to this treatment. At the end of the evening, I had a nice full belly, some nice leftovers in the fridge and a spotless kitchen.

This morning I rode my scooter up to Kaiser to have my blood drawn to see if I need to continue the neupogen injections. Afterward, I stopped by to visit my best medicine: Della. Even though she hadn't had her morning nap, she was very cheery and fun, as you can see. I didn't stay long. I'd been at Kaiser a long time (busy day in both the lab and member services, plus they were doing flu shots so the lobby looked like Penn Station), and I think I might have overextended myself yesterday. So, it's back to the chair and my blanket and Junie with some DVDs and occasional dozing off for the rest of the day.

Oncology just called and confirmed that my white count is sufficient to discontinue the neupogen until next time. Yay! I won't miss stabbing my thigh.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you don't have to take the shots for a while. That Della is sure a cutie. i can see why she is such good medicine. Please rest and take care.

    ReplyDelete