Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ugh...

As I predicted, the fatigue hit full-force today. I slept badly and woke up early, and took advantage of my morning energy to change the sheets on my bed and go grocery shopping for staples. By the time I got home, I was ready to collapse.

These are the days I bless my friends who have filled my freezer. I really can't focus to cook, though I force myself to wash up the dishes after every little meal, just to stay a little active.

I hate these days after chemo. It's not just fatigue, or the fact that the lymph tumor seems to get inflamed and sore. It's a sour taste in my mouth, neuropathy in my feet, I'm bloated, I'm spacey, I drop things easily, and generally, I just feel like a big sack of poison, which, I guess, is what I am, until this works it's way out over the next few days.

Meanwhile, I endure with the help of my lovely friends and all the soups and goodies they've given me. Thank you everyone.

3 comments:

  1. miss you!!! lots of love and hugs from the East coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love you so much. I wish I could share some of the fatigue--I know just how you feel.

    Loveloveloveloveloveloveyou.

    ReplyDelete