Friday, October 23, 2009

Checkmark by Chemo Round 2

All done with this round. Hooray. Laura was my chemo buddy today (we drove, so no cab drama) and despite her protestations, she's not that bad at crossword puzzles, so we actually finished a hard one today.

Still no nausea, and today, my lymph node is perhaps even smaller than when I first noticed it back in July. I have to start the neupogen injections again tomorrow. Oh joy. Based on last time, I'm expecting the fatigue to hit on Sunday, but who knows, since Dr Liu said the fatigue would probably intensify with each round. That might mean it will hit sooner too.

Before my chemo, Holly and Della came to visit and we had lunch at Starbelly. We were quite the attention-getters once the gorgeous baby woke up and came out of her stroller. I had only half of my pizza (mini-meals!) and it was a simple margherita....DUH-licious. I'm so happy to have real woodfired pizza 2 blocks away. I'm about to have the second half as another mini-meal. I thought Holly was going to have a Harry and Sally type orgasm scene in the restaurant over her pizza (goat cheese, squash, sage, and bacon). I'm loving this new neighborhood spot. I think that was the fifth or sixth time I've eaten there, and the first time I've had their pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment