Friday, October 2, 2009

Pins and Needles

I woke up this morning to give Junie her shot of insulin, and when I opened the fridge to get it, I wondered why my fridge door was covered with crust. Then I realized it wasn't at all. My fingers weren't feeling the entire surface. I say it's like pins and needles, but more precisely, it's like there are tiny little areas scattered about the surfaces of the fingers on my right hand that aren't receiving sensation. So far, just an annoyance, and doesn't interfere with my use of those fingers. I'll just have to be careful about touching hot things for awhile.

I took my last dose of anti-nausea drugs for this cycle at 9 and my morning yogurt seems to have quelled the last bit of gut burn caused by the decadron. I seem to have gotten used to the zofran, because I don't get the headache anymore.

For now, I'm all set to begin my neupagen injections at home each night, and I'm waiting for the fatigue to set in. They say to expect it in 2 to 5 days. So I'm laying low.

Resting a lot today so I can go to Matty's father's birthday party tonight. It's a small gathering and Matty lives just 3 or 4 blocks away. I really like Matty's parents, and Bob, his father is Matty's connection to Carol Burnett, having gone to UCLA with her. Last night Carol told Matty she has his mother Sandy's paintings all over her Santa Barabara home. (HOLLA SANDY!)

1 comment:

  1. have fun tonight. hope you don't mind my blog stalking :) we're going to the Arlington Cinema 'N Drafthouse tonight to see the Hangover with some of my school friends :) It's a cute theater with big plush seats and a full menu! Love you, me.

    ReplyDelete