Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Living like a cat

I feel a little more energetic each morning when I wake up these days. Unfortunately, I still start to fade toward late afternoon. So I'm taking my cue from Junie. In the mornings, we sit in or around the bay window, so as to absorb as much Vitamin D as possible. Then we have a snack. Then we nap. Then we rest from taking a nap, and so on. It really is a nice lifestyle, if you ignore everything else that's going on.

I'm starting to experience some of the bone pain from the neupogen, but it's not a sharp pain; it's more like being sore from a workout, so I don't mind it really.

All other systems seem fine. The hydraulic one, especially, as I am constantly drinking something to help flush all the chemo out of me.

I know most people want to know "how I'm doing", meaning, emotionally, and that's something that changes minute to minute. I try to stay focused on getting through the rest of this week and continuing to feel a little better physically. The emotions run their own rollercoaster and take me hostage as a rider from time to time, but so far, haven't overwhelmed me. I don't imagine this is something I will ever get used to, nor am I sure that anyone could.

Meanwhile, I try to stretch and lounge and soak in some rays and live like a cat.

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of your cat in the sunlight taking a nap. Catnaps, hello, that's where we get the name and they are delicious! So glad you are taking advantage of them. The visit with Father Alejandro was wonderful and he rubbed some of his mojo (is that how you spell it?) on me to pass on to you! :-) Love, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good writer, Dennis ... I'm glad we are getting the chance to read your words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dennis!

    I'm back from vacation and I soaked up extra Mexican mellowness for you. :)

    I want to give you the links to some favorite nap cats of mine, but this weird comment window doesn't seem to allow pasting. Strange.

    ReplyDelete