Monday, October 19, 2009

Cold and wet. Tired? You bet.

It's raining here again. In fact, as Robert drove me home from my oncology appointment today, the skies opened up and we drove home with the wipers on high through many flooded intersections. I came home to find the girls huddled together, as usual. Sorry for all the cat pics, but this view is what I look at for a great portion of the day, so you might as well too, Gentle Reader.

Dr. Liu could tell that my lymph node swelling was smaller. He was very encouraged, and said given my good blood test results and the fact that I hadn't lost any weight during the first round, we would keep the chemo regimen the same. Robert asked him about the cumulative effect of the chemo in terms of fatigue and nausea. Dr. Liu said I could expect the fatigue to get a little worse each round, but that if I managed to escape nausea and vomiting with the first round, I was likely to be nausea-free throughout my entire cycle, which was very good news indeed.

Yesterday was a nice day. Laura visited in the afternoon, bringing food from Carmella, and a Bake Sale Betty chicken pie, which I've been craving. We took a walk through the Castro and I did some shopping at Cliff's Hardware and Walgreens. Tonight the Garcias and Robert are coming over to share the chicken pie with me. Oh, and today Laura sent some homemade caramels along to me via Robert that she forgot to bring yesterday. I know my teeth are delicate, but I can't resist....

5 comments:

  1. I think a celebratory caramel sounds perfect! Yay for such good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! And gotta love Cliff's Hardware. :) I remember walking through it with you once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if you cut the caramels into little strips if they'll have more trouble getting a grip on a filling.

    Mmm, Laura's caramels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What good news. I'm jealous about the caramels but don't need them. Hope your chemo isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for decrease in swelling!!!

    ReplyDelete