Thursday, October 8, 2009

Well, here I am...

Here's how I spend most of the day, in my brown chair, with Junie on my lap. Occasionally, she moves over to the couch to spend time in Violet's embrace.

Nothing new to report really. I'm feeling pretty good. I got through all of yesterday without taking a nap. Wrote some letters, took a walk to mail them mid-day, and went shopping at the neighborhood farmer's market in the late afternoon. I'm weary of stabbing myself in the thigh with neupogen every night, so I hope tomorrow's blood test shows that my white count is elevated enough to stop them after tonight. Otherwise, I have to do it for three more days.

In other news, I managed to pull out a filling while eating a butter toffee almond last night. Can't get into the dentist until Tuesday, but it isn't painful, so I should be fine. I'd been told I couldn't have dental cleanings until I was all done with chemo, because my platelet count is affected and I bleed easily, so this will be a big deal. The dentist has to assess what needs to be done, then call and consult with the oncology department before he proceeds. Oy! It's not like I need these teeth to last THAT much longer. Damn butter toffee!

Tonight Cheryl and Laura are bringing dinner over. Robert is joining us. It will be good to see them.

2 comments:

  1. Oy gevalt! How very tedious.

    But, tonight? Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say hi to Laura, Cheryl and Robert from me. And I'm still ready and able to do something - would you like me to bring lunch next week? Monday or Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete