Thursday, October 15, 2009

Eunice the Aeonium

Yesterday was delightfully social. Mike Wade came over, bringing lunch from Bake Sale Betty, along with a lot of homemade Indian food from my coworker Swetta. I haven't been able to try her lentils yet, but they look great. After we ate, we went shopping at a yarn store nearby, ImagiKnit, so that Michael could buy some yarn to make socks for me. :)

A couple weeks ago, when we saw Carol Burnett, Matty brought an elaborate gift bouquet for her in the car. After the show, we found this little bit of succulent next to the car, that must have broken off when he was getting out. Robert said it could be planted and would take root, so I saved it. Yesterday Michael brought over the proper soil mix and a little pot and planted it. I named it Eunice, after my favorite Carol Burnett character.

Later in the afternoon, my goddaughter Lizzie stopped by. She and Mike are both avid knitters, so they both sat there knitting away while we chatted in my living room. We all went to the farmers market together, then came home and chatted (and knit) some more. Then we had an early dinner at Starbelly down the street. I was tired but pleasantly so.

Today I am attending the dress rehearsal of "Salomé" at the SF Opera. It's one of the operas I really like, and it's only 1 hour and 45 minutes long which will keep me from getting fatigued. After that, Ingrid is showing up at my house with a swedish meatball dinner for me and Robert and Kevin. I haven't really had a chance to talk to Ingrid about her recent trip on the trans-Siberian railroad so I'm really looking forward to seeing her ( in addition to eating meatballs made by a real Swede!)

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are doing things. Ali is jealous of me as I have tickets to see her favorite group with meet and greet passes. It should be fun. Enjoy your swedish meatballs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely seeing you yesterday. I was sooooo fewl of pizza when I got home that I had to.... finish eating every last slice of it. GAWD, that stuff is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, knitted socks! i could use some of those myself in this weather!! yuck-o...i don't like it when it doesn't get higher than 50 degrees :( miss you and it sounds like you are having quite an enjoyable week!!

    ReplyDelete